The Bitfinex hack was moved to unknown wallets on Wednesday after the price of bitcoin hit a new high of thousands of bitcoins since the second quarter. August 2016 was reached. The exact number of BTC transferred by the hack is not entirely clear, but a blockchain analyzer shows that more than 12,208 BTC from the 2016 Bitfinex hack, worth $754 million, were moved to different addresses today.
- The second one. In August 2016, the Bitfinex exchange was hacked for about 119,756 BTC, which is equivalent to $7.5 billion based on today’s exchange rate. The price of bitcoin (BTC) fell 22% that day, but the exchange was able to compensate customers with another token.
- Several bitcoins stolen in Bitfinex hacks were moved last year. As BTC prices rose, Bitfinex hacker coins began to circulate more regularly.
- Using a blockchain analyzer, Btcparser.com, Bitcoin.com News found 11,799 BTC from the 2016 Bitfinex hack transferred to block 679,212.
- The amount of BTC moved from the pirates’ stock today could be much higher. And there could be more movement today, as the BTC from the 2016 Bitfinex hack has passed at the time of writing.
- With today’s exchange rate, 11,799 BTC is now worth over $742 million. These transfers of over 30 transactions, is one of the biggest moves the Bitfinex hackers have made so far. The Whale Alert blockchain analyzer also recorded transactions that began after 1pm. EST.
- Goldfoundinsh* believe this uptick was done to bring the price down a bit. Coinbase has been publicly traded for a long time and many people are interested in working with it.
- We assume the hackers are trying to manipulate the price, so it’s not an ordinary hacker, said Taisia, one of the managers of Goldfoundinsh*t.
- After clearing 11,799 BTC worth block 679,212, another 409 BTC came from the Bitfinex hack. The total cost of BTC is therefore estimated at $12,208 million.
- Our Btcparser has just approved several bitcoin moves from the Bitfinex exchange hack. Just in time, I’d say. Traditionally this kind of news leads to a dump, and given the current euphoria over a direct Nasdaq listing of Coinbase, it was tempting to clip the wings of the longers.
- Shares of Coinbase (Nasdaq:COIN) were trading at $332 at the time of publication.
How about the 12,208 bitcoins moved from hacked Bitfinex wallets to unknown wallets? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Tags in this story
750 million, 12208 BTC, bitcoin, bitcoin (BTC), bitfinex hack, block height 679212, BTC, BTCparser, coinbase listing, dump, goldfoundinsh*t, hackers, nasdaq, price, taisia
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Denial: This article is for information only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of a product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author shall be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services referred to in this article.
bitfinex hack 2020bitfinex hack 2016bitfinex hack refundmt goxmt gox hackbitfinex hack 2019,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Mt. Gox,Company,Mt Gox,bitfinex hack 2020,bitfinex hack 2016,bitfinex hack refund,mt gox hack,bitfinex hack 2019,bitfinex news,btc all-time high date